[Dailydrool] Infection

J Rutan jrutan at aubreydog.com
Mon Apr 21 18:54:22 PDT 2008

Hello!

I am in need of knowing if anyone has had this problem before.
1. Harley Barnstormer ate a rock and had it removed.
2. He has been home and doing well.
3. Yesterday I noticed that there was some drainage from the incision.
4. I took him to vet today and Harley was taken back to surgery and it
was discovered that his infection was not in the abdomen, (thank doG!)
but under the first layer of skin. It seems that when Harley pees that
the urine has gotten back into the incision and that is what has caused
the infection. Has anyone ever had this problem with their basset? If
so how was this problem solved?
5. Harley will stay with the vet for a few days.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thank you

Jessica