[Dailydrool] Pantaloons

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Tue Apr 22 11:09:38 PDT 2008

My Bubby (ATB) had a very thick undercoat, much like Abner appears to
have, and a very fluffy butt, not quite as long furred on the back.  I
thought of them as his Pantaloons.  He had so much hair that when he
would blow his coat in the spring, I would brush him every day in the
front yard, and the birds would come and pick up the hair for nesting.
My mother came over once and thought someone had killed a rabbit or
three on the front lawn.  We used to call him our Teddy Bear Basset, and
he had the SOFTEST fur cowl around his neck/shoulders/dewlaps.  I used
to tease him that I was going to take the extra skin and make a pair of
slippers out of it.  I miss him terribly.  He left us on April 18, 2006,
a beautiful sunny day much like today.  Thanks for posting Abner's
tushie picks, he brings back good memories of Bubby.

Gaylene Opal-Deitering

Mom to Clover-Rover Baby-Waby (now getting pretty grey faced), Bubby
(ATB),

Brutie patooty (why didn't you send 'em MY tushie picture?)

Enchantment (Channy-nanny, neener-neener-jelly-beaner)

Arthur my Arthur (I's the Lyron hunter)

Sassafrass Lass (Why do you call me Punky??? I's so sweet, never do
nuffin bad)

and Rocky (puddin' paws, all around smooshy, sweet boy)

My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a
reflection of it!