[Dailydrool] weed control - instead of Roundup - check out corn gluten meal

Vanis, Nancy Nancy.Vanis at McKesson.com
Mon Apr 14 10:08:21 PDT 2008

An organic weed control you might want to check out is corn gluten meal.
It doesn't kill existing weeds, but it prevents the seeds from
germinating.  It is totally organic and has the added bonus of acting as
a fertilizer as well.  Between that and the vinegar to attack the
already growing weeds, it should help.  I don't use any non-organic
products in my yard.  I know my guys come straight into the house and
start licking their paws. Any those toes can pick up a lot of 'stuff'.
Ingestion of any chemical is a definite possibility for pets.

You can get more info by searching for 'corn gluten meal' on the web.
One thing to be cautious of - don't over apply.  Stick to the
application instructions.  It can have an odor if applied too heavily
(as a friend of mine found out).   We have a local store that carries
it, so you might have some place near you that stocks it.

Nancy