[Dailydrool] Final update on Jill the Bagel

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Mon Apr 14 18:15:50 PDT 2008

Today was a really rough day.

First I dropped Jill back at the vet's for a second surgery to resuture
everything, inside and out.  The good news is surgery went very well and all
the biopies came back benign, so we've got 10 years of snuggles coming our
way.

Then I drove up to Milwaukee for a emergency visit with my pulmonologist
(I'm a lung cancer survivor).  I have chemical pneumonia in my remaining
lung.  So it's off to bed for 7 - 10 days, steroids, antibiotics and 24/7
oxygen.

>From Milwaukee I went down to Burlington to pick up Jill.  When the vet saw
me he refused to give her up and told me in no uncertain terms to go home
and go to bed and he was taking Jill home with him until I'm recovered.
Again, no charge. . .

Once home I had a message that my primary care doc would squeeze me in as I
was also having trouble walking and was in incredible pain.  I had truly
hoped it was sympathy pain for Jill. Turns out I injured my good knee while
providing First Aid to Jill.  I'm not allowed to walk on it except for potty
breaks for 3 - 5 days.  So thank God for the vetman/new friend.

To all of those who have sent prayers, love, drools and more to Jill I thank
you.  I would prefer to thank you all personally but I just don't have the
energy to do it.  I am not looking for any drools or sympathy--I live by the
mantra "It can always be worse (and surely it can be)--there are others
who need it much more than I.    After all, Jill will recover as will I.
It takes a lot more than this to keep a couple of mutts like us down!

Nadine Mysker
slave to Jill the Bagel