[Dailydrool] raw bones

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Wed Apr 16 04:49:22 PDT 2008

It depends on the raw bone.  You didn't say what kind you tried.  If they were the kind of knuckle bone or white bones in pet stores I can understand your dogs reaction.
The best bones my dogs like are beef ribs.  I get a whole slab and slice between each bone.  Then just give it to the dogs.  They love to rip the meat off and then spend a good amount of time gnawing the bone down.   I usually take the bone away once they start to splinter.   But usually by that point the dogs have walked away from it anyway.
I feed the dogs in their crate so no one decides the other dogs have a better one then theirs.

Dogs know what is good eaten.  Or try a whole chicken leg.

The recreational bones sold in pet stores, I feel, are too hard and the dogs don't like them anyway.  I never give them the big knuckle bones, either.  Too hard (I hate the sound of tooth on those bones) and also too greasy.

Cathy