[Dailydrool] Colitis Question

Courtney Willard courtney_willard at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:59:17 PDT 2008

Hi All!

I have a question regarding colitis is one of my hounds.  Let me give you some background first.  Back in March, we adopted Francine (one of the Droopy Dozen!).  She has colitis issues, and we are working diligently with our Vet-man to get things as good as possible for poor Franny.  But my question is regarding treats for training.  Since she is new, we are trying very hard to train her. . . well as trained as she can be for a Basset.  Mainly, we're trying to get her to recognize her name and learn to sit.  But, if we give her the treats we have she ends up having diarrhea in the middle of the night.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a easy-on-the-stomach-but-still-tastes-good treat?  Any recommendations would be great.  Thank you so much Daily Drool family!

Courtney Bishop
Momslave to Gilbert, Maggie and Franny