[Dailydrool] neglect - disgusting, despicable, disturbing

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Apr 17 23:19:08 PDT 2008

I'm involved in a transport tonight.. hound was "rescued" from a shelter..

I was not fully prepared for her nails.. "oh her feet look a little sore"
... and I don't know if anyone got to the point of really looking at those
nails...

warning somewhat graphic...

I have **never** seen nails this curled .... ingrown, and in fact growing
back through the pads....
http://trebor.thegroves.net/brood/princess.html

I immediately bathed this lady.. she smelled of months old cow pie, urine,
feces, etc.. and when I was drying her off .... I made the discovery that my
simple green handled nail clippers had no chance in helping this girl.. she
will have to be unconscious, in surgery to remove the nail and its quick
back to a point... because to repair this damage, the dog must not be
conscious.

As the bottom of that page says.. don't misunderstand my words... were it
within my power, were it that I knew who let this happen to this poor sweet
elderly lady ... I would not be so reserved as I posted on that page, slow
tortuous death is too good for a human so despicable to allow this to
happen.

I don't have any full pictures of her yet ... its too dark to get them and I
wanted to get them when she has natural light to show her beauty.  She's
definitely a senor, but how much so I don't know.. my thoughts.. 6 months 6
years.. doesn't matter how much time she has left on this earth .. she's
finally into a breed specific rescue and will get the care, love, and
respect she deserves.

-Robert