[Dailydrool] Neutering

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Fri Apr 18 05:04:24 PDT 2008

MomPerson,  I know you know this but just in case others don't......Neutering won't solve all of the Humping, Marking or Dominence issues if you have an Alpha personality dog.  or bitch.   I have 3 intact bitches (2 champions, 1 wannabe champion) and 1 intact male(Champion) and 2 spayed older girls.  The biggest humper is the smallest spayed bitch who has been spayed since her first season.  She has wanted to be "top dog" all her life.  My intact females will hump each other when one is in season.
My intact male only humps when someone is in season.  And he only marked inside the house when the puppies were moved into the doggie lounge.

A lot of the behaviors we associate with sexuality are actually dominence behaviors.  I find it amusing that young puppies will also use these dominence behaviors on each other.

And I always keep a squirt bottle of water handy.

Cathy