[Dailydrool] torn acl? or could it be Pano

m s heartbigtrks at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 12:05:58 PDT 2008

Poor Cletus! Yesterday he started limping then not using his right rear leg at all. We took him to the vet. They did X rays nothing is broken. They gave him pain meds and told us to limit his activity if he is not able to put any pressure on his foot by Monday thinking about sending us to see about a torn acl.

  That really concerns me. Poor Cletus almost passed away at 10 mos of age. During the recovery it was so very tramatic for him because he is a rescue and at that time still suffering from separation anxiety. His anxiety has gotten better but we have never been able to get him kennel trained. He has major freak outs. Not just dislike of  the kennel he starts shaking and barking almost hysterically. Our other dogs are totally fine with the kennel but unfortunately we have never been able to get him kennel trained. I kind of gave up on it which is bad because I realize it is for his own good but he just gets so upset I didn't have the heart to keep trying. So I am really hoping it is not his acl. Could it be Pano? He just turned 2 in March is that to old?

  Thanks for any help!

  Michele
  buford
  fuse