[Dailydrool] Max the Wonder Dog

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Mon Apr 21 10:37:52 PDT 2008

Ohhh Jamie.

Well I remember the original phone call from Lodi Shelter.
A hound tossed from a moving car on the freeway - the car behind who
witnessed it went into a spin and saved the hound - he had been named  Flyaway.

Having family in Lodi, this hound for some reason struck a note in me, and  I
was on a mission - a mission to save the poor guy that flew thru a window
onto  pavement - thrown out with no thought, beyond "littering".
And then your email came in - and he had a foster home.  The wonder of  the
internet, the amazing power of the drool - a glue that holds us all together
despite geography, and loving hearts from truly dedicated basset slaves.

Over the years the posts of Max's ups and downs, the good times, the
training of the salve - the joy in knowing a hound had found his angel - pure  and
simple. Was loved, and adored as only a basset slave can do.
And then this morning.  9 years later, the memorial of Max.
A loving tribute to the bond that exists between the baggage of his past,
and the glory of his new life.
Flyaway Max - from the arms of your angel to the great beauty of the  Rainbow
Bridge - watch over her well, visit her often in her dreams, and share  with
her the glory of you in your finest - young, healthy, free and roaming as  you
please - never to be Flyaway again.

Many hugs to you Jamie - may drool adorn your home forever more.
Thank you for loving Max.  Thank you for saving that wonderful life,  and for
celebrating it.
Candles shall be burning at Daphneyland in honor of Max -

A blurry eyed and weeping Dawn of the West
Daphneyland
_www.barniatdaphneyland.org_ (http://www.barniatdaphneyland.org)

listings at AOL Autos.