[Dailydrool] Schroeder's First Dead Animal Roll

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at Delmonte.com
Tue Apr 22 13:45:22 PDT 2008

Howdy all,
I've been out of town visiting my family for the last few days.  My nephew turned 1 yr old this past weekend so I enjoyed going back home and staying with my sister and gang for the weekend.   Sorry I have been out of touch and I see that I'm behind on a TON of drools from the weekend.

We took Schroeder to her house for the first time.  They rent a house that used to be the dam keepers back home.  They are a stone's skip away from the boat launch, small lake and creeks for fishing.  This was the first time I have ever let one of my dogs run without a leash. Schroeder listened to me like a dream dog.  It was amazing.  No flat basset, no looking at me and walking in the opposite direction like at home.  And he didn't try to chase their cats!  I was in proud doggie bliss!!

While the men were fishing after the birthday party, we decided to take the babies (yes Schroeder makes this plural) down to the creek where the hubbies and my Dad were fishing.

As Schroeder and I were meandering up and down the shoreline, he stopped and started rubbing his face in the dirt.  At first I didn't think this was unusual because he does get itchy.  Then after a few minutes of this, he sat up and picked up this thing in his mouth.  I thought it was a leaf as it was all muddy and brown and hard.  Then I saw the tail!  He was rolling in a dead fish!  I could not believe my eyes!

Of course that caught everyone's attention because I'm all excited to finally see this and am rambling on about telling the drool.  My family thought I was CRAZY.  My dad was howling.  My husband looks at me and says there she goes again!

I was so excited to see some of the natural hound instincts come out!

Schroeder was a filthy mess by the time we got back to her house, but he really was smiling ear to ear.  The coolest thing to me is when you can truly see the happiess come out in your dog after an adventure like that.  It was so neat!

Thanks for listening to me ramble on!  I just had to share this with people who can relate and appreciate!

Lots of love and drool to all those in need.
Annette