[Dailydrool] basset training

Sauble sauble at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 23 09:35:12 PDT 2008

Very good article on basset traits and the duties of them owning us.
I once read that
'Bassets are not for the feint of heart'
'Nor people with bad nerves'
'People who are fastidious housekeepers and
'People who demand strict obedience'

Now that lets a lot of people out but I have had two and fought to keep them
till they go but they are the most entertaining and social animals I have ever
had the pleasure of them owning us! Becky even won a son over who is very strict but knows better than to ever suggest getting rid of her when I came out - even drove her and cat in front seat of uhaul from calgary to victoria . Amazing.

Yes nail cutting and getting them to vet at times has proven challenging and when I was
sick the wonderful people who helped and sent cards I will never forget.
Thank you all again and the article - every word - is true
Georgie and Miss Becky