[Dailydrool] Noses/homones/Brudder Elwood

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 03:58:23 PDT 2008

Mitchell has what Doc -- and someone else already mentioned this-- called
"snow nose".  He gets it every winter when his nose cracks along the contact
edges and turns pink and looks as if it is peeling. I wouldn't know if it
is. That part of Mitchell's body is better defended by him than the
"Jewels": we don't touch the Nose. I assume it is not comfortable and we
have tried to put neo-sporin on it but as I said, with Mitchell, the nose is
sacrosanct. He is an intact male. I never thought of it as being connected
with hormones but assumed it was an allergic response of some kind- an
auto-immune type quirk. I have no medical information to support this,
however.

Nigel an Llewis are extremely distraught over the sudden illness to befall
Brudder Elwood, and in fact had their bags packed and were carrying the car
keys when I caught them headed out the door. When questioned, they admitted
that they were on their way to Brudder Elwood's home, to help him "deal with
Elder Clara when he gots home" and that they were also planning to "check
out dis DocPerson ob his" to make sure he was being nice to Brudder E. In
honor of Brudder Elwood they were convinced to eat their supper with a
couple of extra treats ("Cuz Brudder E not gittin any juss been starvt") and
I have put the car keys where they cannot be reached.
DadPerson will be home today and has been advised not to let the Boyz use
the phone and to be sure he knows where all his credit cards are at all
times. These two are devious.

Someone mentioned the wet cat smelling like bitch in season. I have had male
dogs almost exclusively for many years. I love Zelda with all my heart but
somehow I have always had the guys and despite their goofiness, remain my
first choice for me. After Zelda I will probably never have another bitch.(
unless Jackie cons me once again, LOL) But what I was going to say is that
it is my experience that there are an awful lot of things, from pillows to
wet cats that apparently smell like bitches in season.
The more actual breeding experience a male has had, the fewer things he
mistakes for Ground Zero.
I have noticed that Mitchell "cabooses" Zelda and began doing this a month
or so before we noticed the tumor growth. I suspect that the cancer has
thrown her normal odor off, and that he, indeed, was smelling the illness
itself. He continues to caboose her but is not making any effort to do
anything else.

We are manufacturing drool at an astounding rate for Brudder Elwood and
Debbie, and all others in need.
MomPerson to Mitchell, Zelda, Nigel, Llewis and Cooper.