[Dailydrool] Brudder Elwood Update-

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 17:50:39 PDT 2008

Momma again--Doc just called, he did not operate--he got Elwood in there  and
said he just was not convinced--he ran more tests, went down the choppers
into the stomach and found chemical burns on his esophagus, and his stomach, we
had a croton leaf checked and also called in posion control for this leaf,
posion control said that was not the problem, but doc seems to think it is. I
caught Elwood with the leaf and he chewed about 2 inches of it--that was
Wednesday. He is still under heavy sedation, a boatload of meds thru his IV, but
doc says the internal bleeding is under control-and he is giving Brudder
Elwood  a good shot at being "da Brudder " again. Two of the techs fell in love
with the  brudder and volunteered the Elwood watch tonight, and Doc will be back
in at  midnight to check him again. Doc said Elwood is very sensitive to
pain-more so  than other dogs--and he let the pain med wear down a bit to see
reaction-Elwood  opened a eyeball and gave 1 tail wag before he zonked out again.
The power of  Drool and my Drool Family is just incredible, this has been the
worst couple  days and the e-mails and phone calls have been all that has held
us together  here. So many wonderful folks, sending well wishes--I thank you
all.
I hope my next post says he is coming home--doc won't discuss it yet--he
wants him out of the woods further, but he is alive, and he is young and
strong-so with all the drool, my hopes are high. The past 4 hours have felt like
months--
Our love and thanks to all-we will give more updates as I get them--

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds