[Dailydrool] Maggies Allergies

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 05:33:48 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

                        Well, I got my Allergy test back for my 17 month old
Maggie,  Just let me  say that the list of what she isn't allergic to is much
shorter than the list  she tested positive for.  She is allergic to  beef,
pork, potatoes,  barley, alfalfa, eggs, cheese , wheat, oats, soy,  and all milk
products,  from there we go to  maple trees, oak trees, box-elder  trees,
fiscus grass, rye grass, kentucky blue grass, 9 different fungus, and 6
different mold spores, and of course, flea bites  ,  FLYS  !!!!!!!   and poultry
feathers !!!!!   the list goes  on  but you can get the big picture here,  I have
ordered  the allergy extract,  which will take two weeks to get and we will
start with the allergy injections,  My first Basset was also allergic to  every
thing and she did really well with the shots,  we had to stop and  start three
different times, as we started the shots in  the spring  and we over loaded
her immune system, so we purged her system and waited  until the fall to start
her back up again and she did great, she  built up  her immune system so that
she only needed to be injected once a month, but it  took forever to get her
to that point. things always have to get worse before  they get better,
patience was the key. My first Basset was nine years old  before I started her on
allergy shots, so she had 9 years of over use of  steroids which damaged her
liver, trust me , I learned a lot in the 12 years  that I had her,  and now I feel
like a pro, I decided early on that I would  not use steroids this time
around, so when Maggie started showing signs of  allergies, I went the homeopathic
route until she was old enough to test for the  allergies. So far Annie ,
Maggie's sibling has shown no sign of  allergies yet, but she is still pretty
young,  only 7 months,  I am  keeping my fingers crossed.
As for the lady who had to wait at the vets  such a long time with a
possible  Bloat problem ,  I too have a BIG, BIG mouth and I would  have made a huge
scene,  I have embarrassed my husband more than once in 38  years of marriage
with my out spoken , big mouth. My fur babies are my children  and there is
nothing more stressful than having a sick baby.

Marlene

listings at AOL Autos.