[Dailydrool] Benzie (ATB) 1991-2007

Elizabeth Kielley ekielley at messiah.edu
Tue Apr 29 06:20:00 PDT 2008

It was one year ago today that my Benzie quietly went to the Bridge in his
sleep.  I was not home but my husband called me with the news.  He was my
first BROOD foster failure and my Ramble buddy.  He was the first to greet
me in the morning for our snuggle and belly rub.  He was my gardening buddy,
always sitting close by me but never getting in the way.  Sometimes we would
just lay in the grass together watching the birds or taking a nap.  He was
my protector, barking at anyone who would approach the yard, yet he was so
gentle when we would be on our walks.  I miss him terribly but I am grateful
that I have four wonderful hounds at home that love me and are special in
their own way.
Liz Kielley
mom to Buford, Ma Barker, Dulcie, and Maggie
forever loved by Benzie (ATB) and Daisy Mae (ATB)