[Dailydrool] bloat and intusseption

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 29 22:55:27 PDT 2008

When Becky was two she had a run after dinner and at about 12 that night  she got sick and was pacing and whimpering which she never did before. The whimpering was what scared me. Hasn't done it since.
In morning went across street to vet who recognized what she had immediately - very good vet - and I signed papers for a agreement for payment and she said becky was too young to let go.
So she operated and it was intusseption and she had to cut a piece of bowel cuz it had telescoped -(app Bassets are prone to this) and it worked but she had to stay in doggie hospital for 7 days until a Dr. Bass sprung her for me )wonder where he is cuz last I heard he was bartending in England. His wife also was a vet.  He said if that was a human that had that surgery they would still be in hospital so to take it easy. She was bringing up and passing blood after and when she had an accident on sidewalk outside he got pail of water and washed it down.
So I never heard of this before so was a complete surprise. The girl at reception said vet was not in but busy. When she walked in took one look and took her.
Too bad I had to move cuz she was one super vet Dr. Boughen in Calgary. Hope this helps someone

Georgie and Miss Becky