[Dailydrool] From Brudder Elwood's Momma---

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 03:28:21 PDT 2008

I have aged 10 years in the past 5 days. I finally slept last night, when
the Doc called and said come and get him I was excited, and nervous, I am the
queen of worry about my hounds. I had made arrangements to be off work the rest
 of the week-told them family emergency--I didn't know just how understanding
the  excuse of watching the dog would go--then the tornados hit--I am a
insurance  adjustor-I look at wrecked cars and then my office is at my home-so I am
 in-house a great portion of the day. So my best laid plans of being off went
 south, and as I explained that yes, I will work help the people, I also
explained Brudder Elwood. So Brudder Elwood will be taking up residence in the
back seat of the company car.

My good intention was during those days off  I would answer the  hundreds of
wonderful e-mails I have received. I have saved every one of them.  They were
my lifeline over those days. It was all I could do-I sat and read  them, over
and over. I was not coherent enough to answer. I can't thank all my  drool
family enough. You all pulled me thru this horrible time. I bet there are  more
plants in the trash over this weekend than ever. Perhaps that was why this
happened, to make all of us aware of just how dangerous things can be-even when
we thought we had basset-proofed our homes and yards. I thought I was a
stellar  basset Momma. Not so-now I feel like a dud.

As far as the thread on Vets, needless to say, I have a great one. He went
the extra mile for Elwood, I gave him a nice card with printed e-mails sent
about him. He just looked at me-and said Debbie-this is what I do-nothing
special--I said oh no-if you could see some of the things that go on, you would  be
shocked. He was beaming like a peacock as he stood and read the letters--
Have I pushed my way in before--you bet-I have went in the back door--I have
yelled, and I have apologized profusely to staff, and others waiting that they
would now have to wait more.
The girls that spent their Sat. nite nursing Elwood got each a card with
cash. They were shocked that someone thought of them,  Those girls were his
lifeline to Doc-- the staff is just as important as the Doc. The bill that I
figured would be in the 9 digit zone was not. I whipped out that card and paid  so
fast it made heads spin-we are not rich by any means, but we deal.

We thank you all so much-I can't say it enough--Momperson called and kept  in
touch-I have to say I clung to the phone as she calmed my nerves-hearing
Nigel and Lewis in the background was music to my ears.
So Brudder Elwood and I are going to work-I am sure he will have a story to
tell later. Elder Clara has a twinkle in her eyes, but you can see her
plotting  against da brudder--

We send the drool to all in need--powerful stuff---

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds