[Dailydrool] hound smell and sebaceous cysts

CANDY DUSEK lovebassets at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:56:45 PDT 2008

You all can't be talking about that wonderful "frito" smell that emanates from a very warm basset after waking from a nap!  Why, that smell just fills my senses every time my Maggie Mae rises!  I can actually smell her before I see her! lol  LOVE IT!

Speaking of sebaceous cysts, Maggie has 35 cysts to date.  I keep a color-coded chart (which my vet gets a kick out of).  I have to keep track of where they all are so I know when a new one arrives.  When a new lump arises, I always get it aspirated to be sure it is just another cyst.  I use a different color for each category:  Orange for cysts that have been surgically removed. Blue for cysts that have opened on their own.  Black for cysts that still remain.  Believe me, it gets a little complicated when you are trying to describe the exact locations!! (example:  rt upper back 3" down from brown line on shoulder).

I am SO relieved that the Brother Elwood is home!!  His mama and papa must feel so grateful!

Candy Dusek
Maggie Mae http://www.dogster.com/dogs/166615