[Dailydrool] shedding

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 13:03:28 PDT 2008

Dear Daily Drool Folks,
I am wondering why Daisy isn't shedding much at all, having read the last
volume of DD and noticing the amount of letters about it, i am puzzled.   i give
her a bath once a week or every 10 days with shampoo i buy from the  vet, it
has a lasting fragrance and is good for her skin. i brushed her today  after
she dried off in the sun and even brushing backwards produced very little  fur.
it doesn't show up in the house either. she is only 6 months old so maybe
she has puppy fur, i dont know. it isn't that i am complaining but it is a
little unnerving to read about all the dogs shedding so much and she doesn't
produce any at all to speak of.

i also need to know what kind of coat she is going to have in winter here  in
Colorado. i would appreciate some heads up on the folks who live in cold
climates. she will not be outdoors much, she is very good in the house and we
are working out the kinks of excess energy etc while she is in the house in the
hottest parts of the day. but i would like to walk her in the winter, i can
buy  her new sweaters and all of that but how much does nature provide for
Bassets in  winter ?  she likes being in the back yard, lying in the shade and
doesnt  always want to come in during the day but i don't leave her out there
anyway.  we have had some big claps of thunder and some rain the last few
weeks. she does not acknowledge thunder at all, even the huge claps that startle
me! she seems to like the rain as well, will play by herself with her toys
unless it is truly pouring. i call her in but she likes it out there! strange to
me, is it to you folks?

thank you for all i learn on DD each day, the folks that put it online for
us are very kind to do so, it must be alot of work.
Sue/Daisy/ Colorado

Read reviews on AOL Autos.