[Dailydrool] Bedspace

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:05:31 PDT 2008

When we got Humphrey back in January, he was 10 weeks old and so small you
could scoop him up with one hand and hold him across your forearm. He was
all skin and bones, only weighed 10 lbs, and we were worried we'd crush him
in our sleep, or, being so young, he'd have an accident in the bed in the
middle of the night. So he slept in the plastic kennel he came to us in on
the floor, in a little penned area with toys and a pee pad.
Somehow, though, he managed to out-train us. Humphrey is now 10 months old,
about 43 lbs, and nearly 5' long when stretched to his fullest. He still
sleeps in a crate, but around 6 every morning he gives a little cry and we
let him out and stumble back to bed. He licks our toes until we invite him
up, and then he settles down - usually perpendicularly across our legs,
locking us into place. Then he settles back down until we're ready to walk
him - usually around 9:30 on weekdays and 11 on weekends.

We send drool to all in need, especially the new Hoptown foster girl and
Sister Casey.

-Rebecca & Humphrey