[Dailydrool] testosterone=whining?

Sherrilyn panama_jacques at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 24 17:32:00 PDT 2008

Over the past year or so Jacques has had 4 shots of testosterone, which the vet said would help to strengthen his sphincter and prevent Jacques from leaking urine. Indeed, it has worked quite nicely. The only unfortunate side effect seems to be that the first couple of weeks after his shot, Jacques has too much control, so that when he pees, he only does a little bit at a time, and we have to walk-stop-pee-walk-stop-pee for a long time. The other very maddening side effect is that he WHINES ALL THE TIME. Okay, not all the time. But for very long periods, until my last nerve is shot and I scream at him to shut the *&^% up. It's been 2 weeks since his last shot and I am at my wit's end with the whining today.

Has anyone had a similar experience? It's nice not having him pee all the time, but I'm starting to wonder whether the cure is worth it. I expect that he'll settle down again in the next week or so, but right now I'm debating whether we'll do the testosterone shots any more.