[Dailydrool] Update on Beasley

The Shroyers steps43213 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 04:33:32 PDT 2008

Well, it's been a week since the Beaser Boy had his 7+ lumps and bumps removed.  He has done remarkably well for an old guy (11 years on August 16th).
Two nights ago he must have been itching cause he kept me up all night.  He started barking around 11 (his signal that I must come back downstairs to stay with him for a while).  No problem he does this 1-2 times a week anyway.  I just go downstairs then he goes to one of his his doggie beds and lays back down - then about 30-45 minutes I just go back upstairs.
This night he wanted me to touch him.  Which is hard to do with a houndie and 7 incisions.  So I would rub beside the stitches.  Every time I stopped, the whining started.  He kept that up until 4:30 in the morning, when he finally got tired and went to sleep.  At 5:00 I climed back upstairs for my powernap before I had to get up to go to work.
Oh well, he is such a sweet boy and he deserves all the attention.
Houndies, gotta love em...
Ron, Stephanie, Gertie, Beasley (I missed you mommee) and the evil c at t, Archie
(ATB Samantha '88; Sidney '03 and Pwince MacGyvwer '05)