[Dailydrool] Long haired dogs

Sandy sanwhe47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 16:13:02 PDT 2008

Momperson questioned why people have beautiful long haired dogs and then
have them shaved.  Our Max is a Great Pyrenees and has a beautiful thick
snow white coat with a full mane.  He is so white his fur sparkles in the
sun but he is a couch potato and is too hot with the house kept between
72-76 degrees year round.  He loves to get his hair cut in the spring and in
the fall; he is so much more comfortable.  With his full coat when he laid
on the brown carpet he left a perfect dog shape in fur when he got up.  I
would love to have his full coat but he is just too uncomfortable.  To keep
this Basset related, Bea just LOVES Max but she drives him crazy (and us!)
trying to get his attention.  She'll take him a toy and then bark in his
face non-stop while wagging the back half of her body until we make her stop
  He usually just tries to ignore her.
Drool to all those in need.

Sandy W
Bea, Val, Dora, Willie,Thumpy(the Pit-Basset)
Bug and Max who are happy not being Bassets
See our family at:
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/513320