[Dailydrool] lost dog

White, Randee randee.white at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Aug 1 18:27:49 PDT 2008

Please sling some dog finding drool in this direction.  A woman I train Dan with in obedience was working with her 18 month old Scottish Deerhound when she caught sight of a deer and, yup, gone in a flash.  Rorie is well trained and usually fairly obedient (for a hound) but of course there was no getting her back.  She has been missing for 17 days now.  She's been spotted almost every day in a different place and we've responded to every sighting and trekked for miles but can't find her.  We've hung signs, knocked on doors and notified everyone we can think of.  The problem is that the area where she disappeared is heavily wooded and covered with fields and very few homes, truly country.  My heart aches just thinking about it.  For those of you who live in TN, she was originally lost in the Murfreesboro Rd area by Cedars of Lebanon State forest.  She's been seen as far as Mt Juliet Rd and 840.  I'm praying that drool helps.  To make this basset related,  I'd like to say that I thought of taking Dan out to see if he could pick up her scent but he's nothing like Nigel!  He would rather watch the birds and take in the scenery.  The best I can say is that Dan knows her and enjoys trying to play with her.  If her legs were just a little shorter.... Thanks for being there, Randee and the White House Gang