[Dailydrool] Bassets whining when riding in vehicles

Winn & Faye Mauk winn01 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 16:05:40 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have Basset Hounds that whine when they get in the car/van?

My oldest, Annie who is almost 4 has always enjoyed getting in the van,
but begins to whine when it starts movin. Occasionally she will quit for a minute,
but starts right back again.
Another does the same thing, and I think it is because Annie does.
My third does not whine, and sits and enjoys the ride.

Does anyone have any advice. We had two before that loved riding.
Annie began riding as a pup with another one,... he did not whine, but she
always has...We got her when she was 8 weeks old. She has always done
this, is there a way to train her not to.

Thanks...would love to take a family ride with her and have her not whine...
Thanks again...
Faye

Live Life... Passionately
Laugh... until your tummy hurts