[Dailydrool] Chloe and housebreaking

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 05:55:14 PDT 2008

You are on the right track. But. If you do not have one, buy a crate. This
gives you a safe place to stash Chloe when you need a break or she needs a
time out. You can actually DO something while Chloe is in the crate. Take
her out to pee, put her inthe crate and take a break. (not every time.)

I would also suggest giving her the treat outside right after she goes. Here
is why. Zelda learned very quickly to go outside but she also learned she
would get a treat when she came in. It didn't take her long to start going
out, squatting, (where I could see her) and coming in for a treat.About the
8th time in 15 minutes I got suspicious and went to look-- she wasn't doing
a THING. She would go out, squat and come in and get a treat.
Eventually she even quit the pretense of going, and would go out, turn
around and come in. (She always got a treat anyway, just for being so
clever.)

MomPerson to Nigel & Llewis (crated at night and when we are not home)
Mitchell  and Cooper
ZeldaATB