[Dailydrool] Latest Terrifying Fiasco

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:47:39 PDT 2008

Ok so I have let everyone know that the dogs are upset, that my son is here
visiting and they think he is a dog-eating Monster to be avoided at any and
all costs. Nigel, in particular, really panics. If you have ever seen a dog
in a true panic, you know what I am talking about. It's not funny and it's
not good and it is extremely difficult to manage.
So Hubby and Son went off to bond. I am here hoping for some peace since
Cooper is ALSO upset about the thunderstorms.
Midway through my peace and quiet I hear BEEEEP
It is one of the alarms-- smoke or monoxide. Hubby has them all over the
house. You cannot light a match in here without setting something off.
Unfortunately, Cooper is also terrified of these, and he == panics. If he
gets out the back door I cannot get him in again for at least an hour,no
matter what. I can't catch him, and I can't get him to listen. He is in a
true panicked state.
BEEEEP

BEEEEEEEEEEPBEEEEEEP

Cooper is tearing around the house posessed. Nigel is now ultra terrified.
Llewis is losing it,Mitchell is following everyone else. I find the
offending piece of equipment but I cannot get the damn thing open to save my
soul. I decide to throw it out on the front lawn. I open the door and
VROOOOOM!! out shoot Cooper and Nigel tails tucked, ears back (as it were)
and only one has a collar-- Cooper. He shoots around the corner looking for
the Van which of course is not there today but on the street. I call him and
he turns, starts back and BEEEEEEEEEEPBEEEEEEP I am holding the damn thing
in my hands!! Off he goes, Nigel tearing down the sidewalk in the other
direction in a state of horror. I call and call I tellCooper to sit down
stay come sit  sit sit I throw the offending alarm into the flowers in
Roger's yard as I tear past after Nigel who is headed for an intersection at
warp speed, blind to everything, I call I call I call Nigel Nige, Baby
sweetie Nigel boy and he pauses just                 long
enough for me grab his scruff, look up and see Cooper waaaaay down the
street the other direction I yell COOPER LETS GET IN THE VAN! I am sure
neighbors blocks away heard me, I use my foghorn voice. In the house I hear
the others screaming desperately-- we want to come we want to come! Cooper
slows, I yell again still dragging Nigel toward the house, toward Cooper's
direction and blessedly he turns, stops, thinks, comes loping toward me--he
is at least a block away already and he is coming and I continue dragging
Nigel, whimpering, toward the house as Cooper enters the yard and with my
free hand I reach out and nail that collar! I shovel them back through the
door. I am sweating. I am crying. I am damn near hsyterical myself. I was
sure i would never catch Nigel, never, until he ran under a car's wheels.
Cooper I figured might come back, not Nigel, and no one would get near him.
I hear Roger's door slam. I manage to get out the door without a dog and he
is standing in his yard staring at the alarm. I go get it. He looks at me
and says "Tell me about it later."

First I have him take the batteries out for me.

MomPerson who should have gone to work.