[Dailydrool] New Foster

Charlie Meyer charlie at droolassicpark.com
Tue Aug 5 19:24:54 PDT 2008

A handful of days short of six months after the fire, Mickey, a HUGE
10 year old has come to Droolassic Park.  The house no longer feels
empty from no senior foster. At 87lbs, he weighs about as much as
Savannah and Piglet COMBINED.

He supposedly doesn't like men, or at least barks at them, which he is
doing now, after a silent trip from meeting the transport. Maybe he's
just getting used to the girls.  In my estrogen-charged house (just
like BROOD, the girls run it), he's barking away, but hasn't figured
out that I, like many Bassets, am selectively deaf. I've been married
before.  Obie's Savannah, the Alpha, has joined in with "I've had
enough!" barks.  Again, just like being married. :) It's great to be
fostering again!

Thanks to all who cared so much after the fire.  The circle is complete.

Can you set another bowl?  Fostering is the ingredient that best
prepares a needy Basset for the forever home they deserve.   Opening
your door to a foster is the first step in a highly rewarding
experience. Contact your rescue's Foster person to help today!

Charlie Meyer
West Virginia Coordinator
Basset Rescue of Old Dominion, Inc. (BROOD)
Droolassic Park
Keyser, WV

Basset Hound Rescue: Work With Women. Pick Up Dogs.