[Dailydrool] Last Post

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Wed Aug 6 13:05:26 PDT 2008

Sorry about that last post.  Must have been asleep when I did it.

We are all sleepy here, especially the houndage.

Ninja and sunny survived the trip to the vet.  Both got shots and nail trims.  She even wiped sunny's ears out without any snarling.  Sunny looked like what i imagine a bear looks like after a long winter nap.  Her butt has more tufts coming out than usual.  Brushing just doesn't do it for her.  The vet poked and prodded and found some lumps and bumps besides the ones we know of.  There is some sort of tumor on one of her ribs and something on her neck.  She isn't going to last forever but she is still going stong for now.  Her biggest problem for now is getting up.  If she lays on her side she has to be helped to right herself.  I use the broom against her spine which she hates but it works.  She has to push against something to roll over.  I would use a foot but i am rather attached to those.  Sunny has never bitten at people away from home and was as good as gold yesterday.  She has lost a lot of weight and is down to 39 pounds.

Ninja did well and was only terrified, not snarley.  She is s fluffy looking girl but only weighed in at 59 pounds.  I was amazed.  She looks as big as our Sherlock was and he was 75 pounds.  Ninja was a good girl but it took three of us to keep her from backing off the table.  She also tried to eat a boxer pup and a pug.

We have an old van that they usually ride in .  The middle seat is out right now so they had plenty of room.  I know they should be restrained but they weren't.  The funny thing was that with all the room they had, two of them, Marley and Ninja rode on my son's lap, one on each leg.  Sunny sat on the floor between the seats.  Marley went along for the ride because I wasn't sure how she would do home alone.

Snooters and belly rubs to all,
Sunny(I'm moulting, I'm moulting.)
Ninja(See mom, I am not too fluffy.  What have you got to eat?)
Marley(I'm hiding and nobody knows where--under the couch covers)