[Dailydrool] PoochPads washable/reusable piddle pads

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 12:47:57 PDT 2008

For those of you who have buppies, dogs who have to stay home by themselves, or even older dogs with incontinency problems, check out PoochPads (http://store.poochpad.com/index.html).

  I found these washable piddle pads at my local PetsMart.  They come in a number of sizes, and while not inexpensive, they are certainly worth the price when you add up the number of the paper/plastic pee pads and paper towels you go through in a day with a buppy.  The thing that I like about them is the re-usable aspect.  I have four of these pads (and am headed to purchase another 2-pack) that I have simply rotated in Addie's "room". I have saved myself a lot of mopping these past two weeks, not to mention the paper towels.  I do still keep the paper/plastic pads around for quick clean-ups of accidents outside Addie's room, but we aren't using nearly as many...maybe two in a whole day.

  The company website also shows doggie pants and belly bands, crate pads/covers, and dog beds made from the same materials (all are non-toxic).

  I have no connection to this company-- I just found the product while shopping--but would surely give the a thumbs up as far as a good idea.  Check them out and see for yourselves.  This may be an addition to our list of  "great inventions" for Bassets!

  Lisa Metzler

  Penelope, Jasmine, Pelly, and Baby Addie-gator (yes--those baby teeth are SHARP!!)

    L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX
  toppogigio at yahoo.com

  "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum
    "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney