[Dailydrool] Keeping bandages dry

Jan Marchlewski jan3luski at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 11 06:22:30 PDT 2008

Years ago, my GSD  (Baby ATB) suffered cuts both paws of her front feet (long story).  The cuts required stitches.  I was told by the vet to keep Baby's bandages dry.  Baby left the vet's office with empty iv bags on her feet.  She looked that she had flippers instead of feet.

  Instead of using the iv bags, I came up with a better idea to keep her bandages dry.  I purchased some baggie plastic bags (without the zip top) and toddler tube socks.  Next time Baby went outside, I slipped on a baggie and covered it with a tube sock.  The tube sock kept the baggie in place so her bandages stayed dry. This was removed once Baby came into the house.   The same vet office that laughed about Baby wearing baggies and tube socks now recommends this to their clients.

Jan
  Lady, Grace & Lenny

  Lady's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539735
  Lenny's Dogster page:  www.dogster.com/dogs/539732