[Dailydrool] Louie's Gotcha Day and upcoming surgery

Susan Nickle snickle717 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 08:12:05 PDT 2008

We celebrated Louie's Gotcha Day yesterday.  It was 11 years ago that my sweet, silly boy entered my life.  He happily opened his gift and gobbled up his Gotcha Day cake - actually just a pattie made from his Duck & Potato canned food and trimmed with some Cheerios.  My husband and I reminisced about the years that have passed much too quickly.  This happy day was unfortunately overshadowed by thoughts of his upcoming surgery for what is apparently a mast cell tumor on his leg.  I posted about this a couple of days ago; thank you to all who have sent good wishes and drool.  Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow.

This has all happened so fast.  On Friday morning I noticed the golf ball sized lump that definitely wasn't there the day before.  It grew a bit larger by Fri. evening, but has been stable in size all weekend.  If anyone has dealt with a mast cell tumor, I would appreciate it if you could share your experience with us.  Also, I was researching mct's online and read that radiation can be effective for tumors that are not removed with clear margins.  If anyone has had radiation treatments for their houndie I would love to hear about that also.  I just want to be as well informed as possible.

Love, hugs, and drool to all in need.

Sue and Louie