[Dailydrool] And Eeyore Makes 4....

ABC's Slobber Shoppe merchandise at nybasset.org
Mon Aug 11 13:19:27 PDT 2008

As some of you may know, I can't give up my fosters. When I picked up
little Eeyore 2 weeks ago, I picked up this scared, dirty, outside
dog. I was told she bit a neighbor and attacked their new breeding
pup. I didn't know what I was in for.

In the first few days, I could see that she was a sweet little peanut
who just wants a roof over her head (and not a plastic one), some good
food, and some love and attention.

She really took to me and was my little shadow. It wasn't love at
first sight with her by any means, but she grew to love me and vice
versa. She learned to trust me and now I trust her too. Everytime I
look in her big beautiful brown eyes, I see her saying "thank you".

So, I couldn't give her to just anyone. I convinced my parents to take
her so I could see her on holidays and frequent visits. They agreed.
She was to go there next week.

Don and I are going out of town next weekend for a wedding and were to
make the adoption final then. I asked if once we got back, she could
come for a visit. Then, Don said the magic words "why don't we just
keep her?" Hmmm...could that be because on our first night rv-ing, the
thunder made her crawl next to Don in bed where they cuddled for the
rest of the night? Or, could it be the fact that when Don is out of
town, she carries around his dirty underwear? I don't think he could
part with her either.

So, there you go, Eeyore makes 4. Diesel and his mom, Eeyore, will now
be together forever and Eeyore will never have to have another litter,
sleep outside, or be penned up in the fields. She will have a life of
rv-ing, basset brothers, and lots and lots of love.

PS...I'm never fostering again. (I know I said that after Spike
left...yes, you read correctly, one foster did leave my house)

Shelly Gordon
ABC Basset Hound Rescue
www.nybasset.org
merchandise at nybasset.org