[Dailydrool] the water dish

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 16:51:43 PDT 2008

Like the good slave that I am, I purchased a rug with dog bones on it at
Lowes that says my goodies and has two spots for dishes to be placed on it.
Then, being the even better slave I purchased a 2.5 gallon water bowl that
looks like a water cooler that is found at work, but it has the dog bowl
attached so the dogs will have water while I am away, in case one of them
drinks it all or if they tip over the other. Well, I thought I was doing
such a good deed purchasing these items.  Turns out, Oliver the mini doxie
is scared of the water cooler and was barking at it as it was filling up the
bowl and gurgled at him.  He was afraid to even drink.  Then, I forgot to
take into account that bassets that drink water leave behind drool in the
water.  "Dumb Slave, dumb slave, dumb slave," as I knock my head against the
wall.  So no we have a pretty good supply of room temp water in a drool
filled bowl.  Nasty.  Maybe I will just give it to my mom's chocolate lab.
Then, the rug I bought goes great with my kitchen as it is blue.  Turns out
I should have walked on it barefoot in the store.  We get our mail out the
door where the rug is and that rug hurts bare feet as well as that big water
jug bowl is too large to open the door and keep it in place. It has to be
moved when we go out the door.  So, in the end I just should have thrown the
$25-$30 out the window or gave it away because both purchases don't appear
to be working around here in the one day they have been here.  So behind on
drools still, but wishing everyone in general well and sending drool to
those in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver