[Dailydrool] Otis and Laundry

Linda ldianis at comcast.net
Wed Aug 13 10:56:26 PDT 2008

Otis had a fun burfday yesterday. He OEBEd for me too. Then after
dinner, when I presented the special frozen frosty paws concoctions,
Otis could not get any leverage on his, so he licked it around and
around his food bowl, until it was finally gone. Took him almost 10
minutes--a new record for longest eating (for him). Our cat Ollie sat by
and watched him, and his head went round and round watching, in sync
with Otis's, so many times that he must have been dizzy.

Our dear departed Kezzy was such a laundry basset, she was called by my
then-young kids and their friends, El Farfo (or Elf Arf-o) the Laundry
Dog. She would carry things to the laundry basket on command, and fetch
them, too, though she did not discriminate between socks and other
items. We had no idea at the time what an unusually obedient basset she was.
Our kitty, Ollie, regularly finds one sock each AM and drags it, loudly
merowling, down the stairs to drop it at my my feet. It is his mouse, I
think.
Otis loves to roll in fresh laundry and help fold. Then he grabs a pair
of socks (or larger if really excited) and runs basset 500. Nelly only
chases after him, but has no interest in catching the socks; she does
not do laundry.
Linda, with the Burfday Boy and Nell