[Dailydrool] OBR has Puppies Again!

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 14 08:25:50 PDT 2008

Yep, it's true.  OBR foster mom Maribeth sent along this email:

"Crystal aka Snow White has delivered 7 healthy dwarfs.  I'm not sure what they are mixed with, but they all seem to be cream color-maybe we have labrabassets again.  This morning she was nesting and panting, so my vet checked her at 1:15p.m., because her xray last week showed the first "dwarf" to not be in a desirable position for delivery, so we had to watch her close in case a c-section would be necessary.  The exam revealed that the puppy had moved and was facing the right direction, and she was in early labor and we could expect puppies within 12 hours.  So, knowing that it was going to be a long night, I decided we would drive to Dunkin Donuts and get an xlarge carmel latte so I would be full of energy for the night.  At 1:30, she started delivering the first puppy.  I had to pull over, crawl in the back with her, and help the poor girl!  I wrapped the puppy in an extra diaper I had in the car from Malachi, the handicapped child I care for and flew home!  By 5:04 p.m.
 all the puppies had safely arrived.  She didn't waste any time.  The puppies all look the same!!  We have 3 boys and 4 girls.
  I am pleased to say everyone is resting comfortably, and I would like to share the first picture.  So, that is my essay on "What I did on my vacation."  :)

  p.s.  I never got my latte!
Maribeth"

Here is a link to the pictures she sent:

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii226/hartpence/Snow%20White%20and%20Seven%20Dwarfs/

If anyone would like to make a donation to Maribeth for the care, feeding, cleaning supplies, or vet bills for these beautiful pups, please email me off list and I will be glad to supply you with her address.