[Dailydrool] Ginger needs more drool.....

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 18 18:20:01 PDT 2008

I took Ginger to the vet today.  Dr. Todd said depsite her heartworms, her heart sounded good, and because they fear the nasty thing on her back is a cancerous tumor, he elected to take it off ASAP and spay her as well today.  Normally they don't put them under anesthesia when they're HW+ because of the strain on the heart, but as he pointed out, in her case, after the HW treatment she is at greater risk because the dead worms are free floating in clumps in her bloodstream and can cause more problems.  She was last on the operating table today and was doing fine when I called to check on her at 4 PM.  They were keeping her overnight.  Her upper abdomen was enlarged, giving us reason to think there's something going on regarding the tumor.  I sprayed it with Granulex wound spray and it didn't show any signs of wanting to heal up like a usual hot spot or burst cyst would.  We can't afford cancer treatments on rescues here, so if it is cancerous, she'll just live her life out here with us.

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 6
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper, Liam, Justice, Poppi, Danica and Ginger
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!