[Dailydrool] books and questions

Angel73573 at aol.com Angel73573 at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 05:14:32 PDT 2008

I received my book, "The Basset Hound, Owner's Survival Guide, and it is
fantastic.  It was recommended to me by one of the droolers.  It is  full of
funny stories and a great many tips.  I am enjoying it.  I  also received from
Marlene,"The Loved Dog" another very valuable  book.   I belong to the
Paperbackswap.com web site where I  found  "Puppies for Dummies".

Chloe is really settling it now and doing very well.  She is getting  better
all the time at house training.   She has been able to go  several days with
no accidents, but then will have 1 or 2.  Marlene sent me  bells to hang on the
door and she has pawed at them a few times.  Otherwise  she just sits at the
door, but doesn't say anything.  she has not figured  out yet how to get back
in.  She will sit and wait till we let her  in.

I do have a couple of questions.  I have read a few times about taking  away
water after a certain time at night.  Is this recommended??  I  have never
done this.   Also how often do most of you feed your  "kids"?  I have been
feeding Chloe once a day as that is what the breeder  told me he was doing.  I would
appreciate some input on this.  thanks  again for all the help I have