[Dailydrool] Frogs and Toads

csdempsey at charter.net csdempsey at charter.net
Wed Aug 20 14:06:16 PDT 2008

Belle loves to play with frogs. When she first started playing with them, she brought one in the house.  The frog secreted a foamy substance which made her spit the frog out.  Well, when she spit it out, Bonnie was waiting and picked it up.  Then, Belle and Bonnie got in a fight over said frog.  Belle's ear was torn in the process so off to the emergency vet we went.  The next morning, when we went to our regular vet for follow up, everyone got a good laugh about the two bassets getting in a fight over a frog.

So, if you have two or more bassets that are fond of frogs, it could be dangerous in that one frog and two bassets could lead to a fight!

We have an inground pool and have one frog that has taken up residence there, we call it Belle's friend because he will hop out of the pool area whenever she's outside and will let Belle chase him around.