[Dailydrool] dogs with 3 legs

Roger & Joyce Jennings jsj at zoomtown.com
Wed Aug 20 16:04:59 PDT 2008

Our son and daughter-in-law have a Great Dane with 3 legs (they
volunteer with a Great Dane rescue).  Nelson had to have his leg
amputated as a result of abuse. He weighs over 100 pounds and gets
around amazingly well. We keep the Danes when our children travel and
Nelson romps in our dog yard with the rest of the dogs.  Beanie, our
Basset, likes Nelson especially well and just walks under Nelson if
he's in the way.  Nelson can pretty well keep up with the other dogs
except when they turn.  It takes him a little longer to pivot. Nelson
is missing his right front leg.  Despite this, he is a cheerful dog
and a delight to be around