[Dailydrool] Carpet cleaning & basset-proof floors

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Thu Aug 21 04:40:16 PDT 2008

The best carpet cleaning product I have found is Get Serious. It is pricier, but you use less of it, so it all comes out in the wash.

I like it because it does a good job of removing the stain and stink and does not smell like pee forever--or at least until it dries (my main complaint about these kinds of products).

The problem with hardwood floors and pee is that it can destroy the finish. I'm still looking for a floor that will stand up to dog pee and not be ruined by those thick basset nails or other shenanigans. So far our laminate has stood up fine to the dogs, but Drew has a bad habit of dropping heavy pots on the floor and breaking up the laminate. (It hasn't done a lot of good for my stainless steel pots either.)
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets