[Dailydrool] That is a big beagle

Jeff Deane jdeane at everestkc.net
Fri Aug 22 07:26:45 PDT 2008

Just wondering...
?
Does anyone else get annoyed when someone comments on how big your "beagle"
is?
?
I have gotten fairly good at the "are you stupid?" look.? It also bugs me
when I hear "that looks like a basset mixed with something else."? Now, I
have seen some pretty cute basset mixes, but I can't figure out what on
earth Sadie looks like she is mixed with.?
?
~Leslie + Sadie ( http://www.dogster.com/dogs/757375?), Dashiell (mommy wuvs
me), and wannabe's Pixie and Evie

I get that from tie to time and our Molly look similar to your Sadie.  Molly
is a really "tan" tri and not a "red" tri so I thought maybe that was it.
But the last time it was the groomer who looked at me after taking molly's
leash and said "Molly is a beagle, right?"  Oh, well.  You'd think that a
groomer would be exposed to enough dog breeds and mixes to get a feel for
it.  And I know there are 6 or 8 bassets out in our part of town so it is
not like we have the only one.

Jeff