[Dailydrool] Hamilton

chris bly howl4basset at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 15:04:46 PDT 2008

Hamilton went to the vet this morning (I forgot my vet takes Thursday off when I posted he was going back Thursday... I have his foster mom let me know what is going on with him and then I relay it to everyone. She
had originally told me she had an appointment for Thursday but it was for Friday).
I emailed her and asked about how Hamilton is doing she said his knee is a little better they want to take more blood tests next week to make sure his white blood cell count is down. We have already racked up a vet bill of over $400.00 just for x-rays, cultures, blood work, exams, and meds. (They had to sedate him to get good X rays)
He needs to finish his antibiotics then have a new blood test. If the white cell count is still up he will also need a scraping of his knee to get the inflammation out of it. That is why we are postponing surgery.
His foster mom is able to keep him crated most of the day to rest his hip and let him out in 15 minute increments throughout the day. She has a quiet house and a lot of help with her retired husband being home all day long.
I am not sure when his next visit is but will let you all know what is happening with him.
Thank you everyone for your generosity! We were so worried about taking in this little guy we knew we had to take him in and give him a chance at a good life but it is hard to balance what you need to do, what you want to do and what you can afford to do. We had already taken him in and had x rays done and had an appointment to get his surgery but you helped save Hamilton more than us by your generous donations! You also gave us the means to be able to help him and more abused and abandoned Bassets. Thank you again!