[Dailydrool] Momma speakin-

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 16:21:05 PDT 2008

Momma here. As Brudder Elwood has said, thank you for your thoughts and
drool for Sister Casey. For those unsure of Casey's condition, She was diagnosed
with Cushings almost 2 years ago. She has been on  Lysodren but as we knew
going into this, at some point it would fail, and fail it did. After discussions
 with her Doc and many soul searching hours, we decided to discontinue the
lysodren, double her prednisone-since this is the one thing that appears to
make  her feel better- and  not opt for more tests as she is just too tired. She
has good days and not so good days right now, and we know that when this
option  fails it will be time, but for now she has had some days that remind us of
the  Casey of old-and we see her enjoying that time. Cushings is a hard
disease,  there are now some new treatments, but when Casey was diagnosed, options
were  few. So we know not what tomorrow brings but for this day we are
grateful. I  thank you all for your support, and know that when things turn again, my
drool  family will be there to help us, we are going to need it.
On the lighter side of the house--I have to say I was thrilled the boyz are
back in the crates at Bev's house--I can here Brudder Elwood now--and for the
past 2 weeks he does flat basset at mention of going to his bed--and no the
big  boy brains did not arrive, doubt if they will, but if he keeps  on
irritating Elder Clara, he better "grow a new set" just to have  something on at
least one end--and speaking of Elder Clara, that would love to  pound Brudder
Elwood, she seems to give Jake a bit of slack, or maybe he is on a  grace period
in Elder Clara time. Then again maybe they keep her young  also.
Brudder Bob, well his tail is still bent.
Sister Daisy, what a love-

We thank you all again, we send drool to those in need, Spanky keep up the
progress--Roopert-we know you and Cowboy are countin the days-and Nigel--you
best be thankin Mr Cooper Sir that you still be breathin--

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, Jake and
Brudder Elwood OEBE
Instigator of Evil Deeds
Virginia Beach Basset Hounds

deal here.