[Dailydrool] Local Shelter Needs Help

Kathi Lockhart slave2bassets at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 18:40:43 PDT 2008

Most of you know that, in addition to my 8 bassets, I have two wannabes.
They are both daschunds. Many of the people on this list also love this
small breed that shares much in common with our beloved bassets.
Yesterday, my local humane society was involved in the largest rescue in
West Virginia history. We raided a local puppy mill and rescued over 1000
dogs, most of which were daschunds. I know things are tight for everyone but
donations are desperately needed. If you can help in any way, I would much
appreciate it.
Here are two sites with more information. First, the story from our local
paper:

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/508572.html?nav=5061

and the Humane Society of Parkersburg website which has information on how
to donate:

http://hsop.org/news-puppymill.htm

Drool to those in need and to the puppies rescued yesterday.

--
Kathi - Slave to Fogarty, Marla, O'Tay, Sam, Beauregard, Ned, and Hannah -
Hershey and Klause the Wannabes - Nash the OBR Foster - and Forever Loved