[Dailydrool] Kansas 9 puppy mill rescues

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Mon Aug 25 14:27:58 PDT 2008

The KS9 are some very lucky bassets. They've been used as breeders all
their lives and now that the breeders are going of business, they are
being taken into rescues and will have their own furever homes. The
woman in KS who has been coordinating this is a saint. Thank you to the
Brittings for making this happen.  IN addition to the bassets there are
6 or 7 other breeds - each requiring coordination with rescues. But
these dogs found rescue as well - SO all these dogs will be safe.

The bassets were  picked up this Sat. and brought to the Brittings home
in Kansas. This week they go in for spaying/neutering and whatever else
might be needed. Thank doG they are all current on shots etc. The
following weekend they'll start going to their new lives. Arizona has
set up a paypal account to help with the vetting. We are guestimating
about $1000 for all 9 dogs. If you can make a donation to help we'll all
be very grateful. The paypal address is: TheKansas9 at yahoo.com
<http://us.mc506.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=TheKansas9@yahoo.com>   -
you would need to go to www.paypal.com <http://www.paypal.com/>  and log
in..

Or you can go to the Arizona basset rescue website and earmark the fund
for the Kansas9...

http://www.azbassetrescue.com/ and use their paypal button... don't
forget to put the Kansas9 in the notation.. and thanks for any dollars
you can spare.

Chris Dowd is sending hubby to Kansas to pick up some of the dogs and
get them back to NM and AZ. This is an effort of 4 BASSET RESCUES to
save these dogs. Isnt it wonderful that everyone is working together to
save these dogs.. which is why we would love to have the dogs vetted
before leaving so it is not a burden on the rescues to take them in..

Any questions, please contact me.

Helena Poist

Proplanner

2500 North Loop Drive