[Dailydrool] dog food

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Tue Aug 26 17:33:55 PDT 2008

Well said, Becky.  We feed Purina Pro Plan to Frank and Sarah  and one of my co-workers who has an Australian Shepherd was appalled.  She feeds "Sammy Snacks", our local gourmet people-grade food, since there's "nothing better".  Well, when we got Frank, we tried Sammy's food since Sarah was eating it at the time, and it was way too rich for Frank's system, causing him to have really runny poops all the time.  Frank's breeder suggested Pro Plan since a lot of breeders have raised a lot of great dogs who all ate Purina products.  It's just fine, and Frank and Sarah like it, and we've never looked back.

Our dog-kid before we had a people-kid was Maggie, a Basset/German Shepherd mix.  Maggie lived to be 15 years old, eating Kenl Ration, Purina Dog Chow, and whatever she could score from the dinner table.  I agree, if there's an allergy problem, then feed around that, but otherwise, just see what works for your own doggie.

Nancy, owned by Sweet (not peeing so much now) Sarah, and Frank the Lovable Tank