[Dailydrool] Greetings droolland

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:09:07 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,
It's Katie and Watson reporting from Laramie. Watson and I are still
working on settling in, but it's still only week one so I guess we can
be patient. I just wanted to write in an update and futher avoid my
homework:) Watson and I have decided that the best way to wear him out
is to go on long walks in the evening. We were walking last night and
two wonderfully delightful things happened - first, we were walking by
what appears to be an at-home daycare, and one of the kids yelled out
"Look! It's a basset hound!" I just smiled and kept going, but due to
the discussion lately on the drool, I was impressed. We usually get
"hey there's a beagle" but not this time. One of those kids clearly
new their hounds:) The other thing that happened was that Watson found
something delightful (according to him) along the sidewalk, he went
over to smell it, and then took off like a mad man! He was so adorable
bouncing along the sidewalk...he walks on a retractable leash so he's
got a lot of room to run and plenty of room to go off and sniff
whatever he desires (except trash and turds of course because he'll
eat those). Anyway, when I caught up to him he was still all squirly
so I ran with him for a while until he found something else to smell.
I just love it when he gets that excited - its so cute to watch.

Today when we were walking, he came across something to roll in. It
doesn't appear to have been anything stinky but he sure was a sight to
see on his back growlign and ahrooing without any care in the world.
When he was done with that, he stood up - covered in dirt and leaves,
and we carried on in out merry way. Having him here is really a great
stress reliever eventhough he can sometimes be a handful, at least
he's a distraction from school!

Alright, well I guess I'd better study if I ever want to go to sleep....
We are so sad to hear about all of the departures to the bridge -
we've lit two candles this evening and our hearts hurt with yours.
Watson sends drool to everyone who needs it.
Until next time,
Katie and Watson (zzzzzzzzzzzzz)