[Dailydrool] Hurricane News

Terry amzany at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 29 09:32:16 PDT 2008

While it is not mandatory to evacuate many have chosen to do so.
Prisoners are being moved today.  In St Bernard anyone who is in their
Parish tomorrow must stay in their homes.  If you are on the streets
tomorrow you will be stopped at the check points put picked up and held
until the emergency is over.  This is to prevent looting of those who
have evacuated.  Pets may go on buses in crates and laps if at all
possible.  They are going to do their best to keep pets with their
people.  Sure will make it easier on rescues won't it.  Like many of you
I just couldn't go without my babies.  Also price gouging has already
started.  Have a friend who works for Ramada Inn.  She said while their
prices have stayed the same many hotels/motels in New Orleans have
doubled their prices during this time.  I hope if anyone becomes aware
of which ones these are they will spread the word and not use them in
the future.  Also gas prices are rising dramatically since they are
aware that people who choose to evacuate will need to fill up their
vehicles.  If anyone finds out that they need to evacuate because the
storm is going to hit and have no place to take their pets we do have a
kids room and a fenced in back yard up here in Bogalusa.  Our dogs are
indoor dogs, our house is very old but we won't get the worst of the
storm.  Right now just pray that the storm and the ones following it
fizzle out.